Mgr. Radek Tichavský
- January-July 2016: scientific scholaship at University of Berne (dendrolab.ch)
- since September 2013: PhD student (Environmental geography, University of Ostrava)
- Mgr. (2011 – 2013) Physical geography and geoecology, University of Ostrava
- Bc. (2008 – 2011) Physical geography and geoecology, University of Ostrava
- spezialisation: dendrogeomorphology, geomorphology of high-gradient channels
- current research: spatio-temporal reconstruction of debris flows in high-gradient channels of the Hrubý Jeseník Mts.
- diploma thesis: Geomorphological analysis of fast channel processes on southern slopes of the Lysá hora Mt (the Moravskoslezské Beskydy Mts.)
- hobbies: tourism, cross-country skying, biking, piano, trains...
- Rector Award (University of Ostrava), 2015
- Award of Czech Association of Geomorphologists for the second best master thesis, Teplice 2014
- The first place on Student Research Conference, Ostrava 2014
Peer-reviewed impacted publications:
- TICHAVSKÝ, R., ŠILHÁN, K., TOLASZ, R., (2017): Tree ring-based chronology of hydro-geomorphic processes as a fundament for identification of hydro-meteorological triggers in the Hrubý Jeseník Mountains (Central Europe). Science of the Total Environment, 579, 1904-1917.
- ŠILHÁN, K., TICHAVSKÝ, R., (2017): Snow avalanche and debris flow activity in the High Tatras Mountains: New data using dendrogeomorphic survey. Cold Regions Science and Technology, 134, 45-53.
- TICHAVSKÝ, R., ŠILHÁN, K., (2016): Spatio-temporal specifics of hydro-geomorphic processes in headwater parts of mid-mountains reconstructed based on tree-ring data – a case study from the Hrubý Jeseník Mountains (Czech Republic). Geografiska Annaler: Series A, Physical Geography, 98, 369-388.
- ŠILHÁN, K., PROKEŠOVÁ, R., MEDVEĎOVÁ, A., TICHAVSKÝ, R., (2016): The effectiveness of dendrogeomorphic methods for reconstruction of past spatio-temporal landslide behaviour. Catena, 147, 325-333.
- ŠILHÁN, K., PÁNEK, T., HRADECKÝ, J., TICHAVSKÝ, R., (2016): Polygenetic origin and surface development of the Laspi slope deformation (Crimean Mountains): the multidisciplinary approach. Zeitschrift für Geomorphologie, 60, 11-20.
- ŠILHÁN, K., TICHAVSKÝ, R., (2016): Recent increase in debris flow activity in the Tatras Mountains: results of a regional dendrogeomorphic reconstruction. Catena, 143, 221-231.
- TICHAVSKÝ, R., ŠILHÁN, K., (2016): The changing ability of Norway spruce (P. abies) to record hydrogeomorphic processes based on the age and diameter of the tree stem - a dendrogeomorphic approach. Catena, 147, 469-480.
- TICHAVSKÝ, R., ŠILHÁN, K., (2015): Dendrogeomorphic approaches for understanding the initiation and behaviour of debris flows and relative torrential processes in the case of mid-mountain range (the Hrubý Jeseník Mts.; Czech Republic). Geomorphology, 246, 445-457.
- TICHAVSKÝ, R., ŠILHÁN, K., TOLASZ, R., (2014): Origin, triggers and spatio-temporal variability of debris flows in high-gradient channels (a case study from the culmination part of the Moravskoslezské Beskydy Mts.; Czech Republic). Carpathian Journal of Earth and Environmental Sciences, 9, 5-16.